Department of Biotechnology (B-3)
Jožef Stefan Institute
Phone: + 386 1 477 3754
Fax: + 386 1 477 3594
- B.Sc., Microbiology, Biotechnical faculty,
University of Ljubljana, Slovenia (2002)
- Ph.D., Biotechnology, Biotechnical faculty,
University of Ljubljana, Slovenia (2007)
- Genetics, biochemistry and biotechnology of
biologically active proteins from mushrooms.
- Peptidase inhibitors and peptidases.
- Lectins and their biological activities – immunomodulatory and pesticide actions.
Awards and scholarships:
- Zois scholarship (1995-2002)
- University Prešeren Award for the Diploma
- Scholarship of the Slovene Human Resources and
Scholarship Fund Ad Futura (2006)
- Krka Pharmaceutical Company's Award for the
Ph.D. thesis (2008)
- Short term EMBO Fellowship to visit the Institute of Microbiology, ETH Zürich, Switzerland (2010)
- Lapanje prize awarded by the Slovenian biochemical society for scientific achievements of younger members (2012)
for excellence in scientific communication awarded by The Slovenian
Science Foundation for co-authorship of the publication “Contemporary
Phytotherapy – scientifically supported use of medicinal plants” (2013)